Fostering is for everyone and offers the chance to provide life changing care and support for a young person that should be available to them. Every child and young person will require different families and carers to provide this help.
At Fostering to Inspire we welcome anyone who meets our fostering criteria to apply to become a foster carer. This means we need you to:
- Be over 21 years – there is no upper age limit for fostering children.
- Have a spare bedroom – you do not have to own your home.
- Have an aspiration to foster children and young people.
- Have Time and Flexibility – being able to offer full-time care when you foster a child is preferable, but there may be exceptions whereby part-time work is acceptable.
- Be a British Citizen or have permanent Leave to Remain.
In future articles we will talk about the wide range of backgrounds which our foster carers come from, illustrating how anyone has the chance to foster a child. Anyone in one of the situations described below, as well as a whole lot more, can foster:
- I am divorced and I want to foster
- I am a social care worker and I want to foster
- I am single and I want to foster
- I am a health care professional and I want to foster
If you are a considering fostering or are simply looking for more information then please speak with us for more information about fostering, we would be delighted to hear from you.
Currently rated by 0 people