At Fostering to Inspire we believe that nurturing and developing a child and young adult can be life changing, both for them and you. By fostering a child we understand the rewarding but sometimes challenging job you have, offering day to day care to improve a child’s life. You are not alone, and at Fostering to Inspire, we value you and your work. We will provide you with the resources, including foster carer payments, which you will require for this vitally important undertaking.
We are committed to supporting you through your fostering journey from application to approval. As well as your own personal supervising social worker who will visit your home on at least a monthly basis AND speak to you weekly to keep in touch, we also offer the following support to foster carers:-
- Care Leaver Mentors who provide first hand advice and offer a be-friending service to our children and young people
- We encourage and promote regular activities and events in collaboration with our fostering families. These give our children and young people opportunities to explore new experiences and a chance to discover hidden talents.
- We provide a 24/7 out of hours advice and assistance service, giving support and advice when needed. The out of hours staff will know you and the children and young people you will care for.
- Fostering to Inspire is committed to investing in the training and development of our carers.We feel this is one of the best ways of offering dedicated and targeted support to foster carers under our care and we know that what works in the best interests of our foster carers serves the best interests of our children and young people.
- We offer generous and competitive allowances. We understand that fostering is a vocation of great responsibility. We also understand that foster carer payments can provide an alternative means of income.