Different children and young people require different families and carers to provide love, security, fun and boundaries. Fostering children can be fantastically rewarding and we are always looking for a diverse range of prospective foster carers. You maybe just who we are looking for to foster a child. Your sexuality, race, religion, gender or age does not determine whether you can become a foster parent.
Fostering children requires a caring and understanding nature. Are you nurturing, determined, patient, a good listener and have an ability to empathise?
To become a foster parent and to foster a child with Fostering to Inspire we do ask that you fulfil the following criteria:
- Over 21 years – there is no upper age limit for fostering children.
- Spare bedroom – you do not have to own your home.
- You do not have to be a parent – we provide support and training.
- Have an aspiration to foster children and young people.
- Have Time and Flexibility – being able to offer full-time care when you foster a child is preferable, but there may be exceptions whereby part-time work is acceptable.
- We are happy to consider single carers, married couples, couples in a long-term relationship and same-sex couples.
- Be a British Citizen or have permanent Leave to Remain.
We would love to hear from you